Copyright © 2004-2016 Tactrix Inc.
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. This software reads and modifies code and data for engine computers (ECUs). Improper use of this software or errors within the software itself can cause engine damage and/or render the vehicle's ECU non-operational. Many ECUs can only be reflashed a limited number of times before the flash memory is no longer functional. Additionally, modification of your ECU's software will most likely void your drivetrain warranty from the manufacturer and violate emission control regulations in some regions. In no event will Tactrix or other contributors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
This software allows you read code/data from ECUs which can potentially be subject to various copyright and intellectual property laws where you live. It is your responsibility to use (or not use) this software in adherence with these laws.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software in its complete distribution for any application, including for-hire work such as tuning customer vehicles or delivering tunes to remote customers, and to redistribute it free of charge to others, subject to the following restrictions:
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you authored or produced the original software. If you use this software as part of a larger product or service, an acknowledgment in the product documentation should be made.
- When used with a hardware interface, the software is to be used solely with OpenPort vehicle interfaces from Tactrix Inc. or other officially licensed interfaces. These sales fund the project development and keep the cost of such a tool reasonable.
- This software distribution also contains many definition files which are the work of a large number individual contributors as well as Tactrix. Where known, attribution has been made to the original authors and subsequent contributors, including links to their websites where it may be possible to donate to help encourage their work.
- The software will check if a new version is available based on your current hardware and software. You are strongly encouraged to upgrade if your receive such a notice as new versions sometimes fix flaws that can cause ECU flashing to fail on some vehicles.
- The software may not be altered in a way which circumvents or violates any licensing provisions.
- This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution.